Marketing & Product
Product Lead, Digital
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
About us: iconic brand, tiny company
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, “don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible.” In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory but a group of diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save instant film. Over 10 years later that startup acquired what was left of Polaroid and today we’re again a small group of people passionate about empowering creators to change the world in the name of Polaroid.
What we're building: tools for creators
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
Your role: shape the product future of an icon
Few brands on earth can do what we do, the way we do it; we have creative culture and iconic design in our DNA and we are looking for someone to help us shape what is next for this iconic brand.
Objectives of the role:
- You’ll take the 1-year, 5-year and 10-year view to make sure our product team solves hard problems – customer problems and business problems – in ways that our customers and the world will love, yet work for our business
- You’ll lead Product Strategy, Product Management and Product Marketing for our digital products and experiences; our .com, our apps, and any new digital services we might explore
- You’ll work closely with our design team, who makes our products and experiences delightful and usable, and our engineering team, who brings our digital experiences and products from R&D to shipping
- As our Product Lead, you’ll ensure that our products are valuable, viable, sustainable, and that they will transform our company (and the world) in the long run
- You will partner with customer insights, marketing, sales, finance, business development, leadership and legal, to ensure all constraints are accounted for from product idea through GTM to end of life
The ideal candidate
- Digital Services Experience: You have built and launched digital consumer products of your own — or — you have many years of professional product strategy, product marketing and product management experience. Your intuition is well trained from your time working on consumer apps, subscription services, content, and/or digital marketplaces
- Empathy: You care deeply about how customers think. You can accurately predict how changes will make them feel. You love creating joy
- Leadership: You are a respected leader. You are excited to guide others to be brilliant at what they do
- Artistic Sensibility: You are a considered partner for visual and interaction designers. You enjoy artistic pursuits and have avenues for creative expressions
- Insanely Good Written and Visual Communication: You are concise, thorough, and know how to facilitate decisions internally. You care about design language and enjoy writing to express your ideas
- Entrepreneurial Ambition: You’d love to start a company one day or to undertake a project that is important and nearly impossible. A lack of formal structure excites you. You want to roll up your sleeves in an exceedingly small team that can scale one day
- Appreciation for Quality: You get very enthusiastic about certain products and can articulate why they’re incredible. You are excited about rebuilding an iconic brand
- Domain Knowledge: You have strong opinions — well informed but loosely held — on consumer electronics, hardware, and product overall
What to expect
This is a full-time role based in our Amsterdam HQ (Houthavens). You will be reporting directly to the Vice President Product & Brand and working closely with the whole Marketing team as also peers from other departments.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV and letter of motivation and/or any other relevant information to support your application to Polaroid’s Recruitment (email@example.com).
Applications must be accompanied by a personalised letter of motivation or they will not be considered.