Head of Global Procurement - Hardware & Accessories
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Polaroid is dedicated to analog instant photography in the original, iconic format. We are a spirited, quickly growing international team that’s passionate about instant photography and all related accessories. We are reframing the way people create, connect, and share memories. Company values and behaviors are: The Human, Focus, The Impossible, Honesty, Emotion & Innovation. Come join us!
The Head of Global Procurement leads all hardware and accessory supply chain activities, helping craft the global strategy and ensuring business alignment to achieve agreed goals with external partners. The role balances consumer satisfaction, quality, cost and supply chain continuity when executing the agreed responsibilities. As a member of the supply chain management team the role also co-creates and executes agreed tactics, while supporting other team members with their supplier escalations, such as issues with product quality, the purchase to pay process, product certifications and lead times.
Objectives of the role:
- Manage our third party manufacturers: Including EMS partners producing Polaroid designed products, and partners who produce Polaroid branded products based on their own designs;
- Control our hardware bill of materials: Selecting the most appropriate current and future second tier vendors together with the hardware team and contract manufacturing partner;
- Prioritise our supplier audits: Challenging the Hardware team, Sourcing Manager and Supplier Quality Manager to continually improve the approved vendor list to deliver business needs;
- Source and manage accessory vendors: Ensuring we have an approve vendor list capable and certified to deliver the quality of accessories that delights consumes for within budgeted costs;
- Optimise our new product introductions: Looking for opportunities to support the design of new products to optimise user value, reduce variability in performance and reduce their cost;
- Manufacturing ramp-up: Aligning the demand in the market and marketing strategy, with the ramp-up planning and execution at our contract manufacturing partner and other suppliers;
- Align departmental activities with relevant internal stakeholders to optimise our performance.
- Drive operational excellence in the supply chain to improve delivery reliability, while assuring high end consumer experience for the lowest possible total cost;
- Facilitate escalations regarding intercompany shipments between our approved vendors and our distribution centers, both with internal and external stakeholders;
- Analyse data and be able to present management dashboards for our global supply chain;
- Support the setup of new business opportunities and initiatives;
- Review and process invoices from external parties to monitor and analyse inventory costs;
The ideal candidate
- Nevi 1 or similar procurement qualification is a requirement, Nevi 2 is an advantage;
- 5 years of global supply chain experience, including procurement in China or South East Asia;
- Master’s degree in business economics, business administration or supply chain management;
- Experience of global sourcing and procurement, while introducing industry leading practices;
- Experience introducing and/or managing third party manufacturing partners is an advantage;
- Strong communicator, engaging peers, using data to define and execute winning strategies.
What to expect
This is a full-time role based in our Amsterdam HQ (Houthavens). You will be reporting directly to the Head of Global Supply Chain Management and working closely with the whole supply chain team.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV and letter of motivation and/or any other relevant information to support your application to Steve Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications must be accompanied by a personalised letter of motivation or they will not be considered.