Senior Insights Data Analyst
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
About us: iconic brand, tiny company
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, “don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible.” In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory but a group of diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save instant film. Over 10 years later that startup acquired what was left of Polaroid and today we’re again a small group of people passionate about empowering creators to change the world in the name of Polaroid.
What we're building: tools for creators
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
Your role: be the voice of our audience in order to help us reinvent an icon
The customer is at the heart of everything we do. As Customer Insights Data Analyst you’ll combine business data and audience insights to help us make better business and strategy decisions. We want you to bring a new perspective to our products, marketing and operations straight from our audience – through hard data, culture, ethnography, or storytelling.
Objectives of the role:
- You will work closely with Product, Marketing, Sales, Biz Dev and Brand teams to aid their understanding of the customer, with a strong focus on activating internal data
- You’ll have a big focus on internal communications; it is your responsibility to build a strong data-culture in our company, and aid our understanding and adoption of data through beautiful visualizations and good pitches
- You will be a strategic business partner to many teams by building and monitoring KPIs across audience, business and culture and own such things as monthly reports
- You’ll help complete business briefs with sales targets, pricings, and performance measures and collaborate with sales, D2C and e-commerce, to aid forecasting and operations optimization
- You’ll spend a lot of your time with raw, unclean data (across business, social, research or trackers) so you'll need to be able to make sense of it and active it
- You’ll be designing and building dashboards, visualizations, and reports using data processing techniques
- You’ll be activating marketing, business, market (NPD/GFK) and sales data to draw conclusions about audience acquisition funnel, purchase behavior and Polaroid’s market penetration
- You’ll act as an empathetic observer, spotting gaps, problems or misunderstandings around insights and execute self-directed projects to solve those
The ideal candidate
- Technical Data Skills: Strong data processing skills (pipelines, SQL, NoSQL, RDMS, data-cleaning, GCP), data visualization, dashboard creation, basic graphic design, statistical analysis and predictive modelling. Data-centric programming is a big plus (R, Python, JS, APIs, selenium)
- Data Storytelling Experience: 2+ years in a business analyst or similar tech-heavy role (ideally start-up/scale-up) and 1+ years previous experience working in customer insights team
- Interest in cultural/ethnographic work: Experience in journalism, extensive travel, previous insights work, work for culturally relevant brands, and or work with artists
- Empathy: You deeply care about how customers think. You can accurately predict how changes will make them feel. You love creating joy
- Leadership: You are a respected leader. You are excited to guide others to be brilliant at what they do
- Insanely Good Written and Visual Communication: You are concise, thorough, and know how to facilitate decisions internally. You care about design language, and enjoy writing to express your ideas
- Entrepreneurial Ambition: You’d love to start a company one day or to undertake a project that’s important and nearly impossible. A lack of formal structure excites you. You want to roll up your sleeves in a very small team that could scale one day
What to expect
This is a full-time role based in our Amsterdam HQ (Houthavens). You will be reporting directly to the Vice President Product & Brand and working closely with the whole Marketing team as also peers from other departments.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV and letter of motivation and/or any other relevant information to support your application to Stine Dahlberg (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications must be accompanied by a personalised letter of motivation or they will not be considered.