Product Operations Manager
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
About us: iconic brand, tiny company
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, “don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible.” In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory but a group of diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save instant film. Over 10 years later that startup acquired what was left of Polaroid and today we’re again a small group of people passionate about empowering creators to change the world in the name of Polaroid.
What we're building: tools for creators
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
Your role: ensure insane product execution through operational excellency
Few brands on earth can do what we do, the way we do it; we have creative culture and iconic design in our DNA, and now we are looking for an incredible Product Operations Manager to help support the Product & Brand team.
Objectives of the role:
- You’ll support the team responsible for Product Strategy, Product Management and Product Marketing across our amazing hardware and digital products, from inception through production, GTM and end of life
- You'll filter all product related requests into one pipeline which you’ll manage
- You'll be integrated into the daily work of the Product Team and interface with our design team, our manufacturing team and the creative team on things like timelines, tasks, operations, planning, budgets, roadmaps, and forecasting regarding the whole product pipeline
- You will work closely with the wider Marketing & Product Ops Team on future budget and project planning for the Product & Brand team and its capacity to delivery to the organization
- You’ll be the champion for opportunities to be more efficient and you’ll work closely with Product Managers to ensure delivery requirements and define project scope, level of effort, and project plan and you’ll manage assigned projects from start to finish on time
- You’ll need to determine project risks on a continual basis, escalate issues as needed and assist with project status reports and ensure documentation is up to date
- You’ll thrive on empathetically monitoring and enforcing project constraints (things like schedule/scope/ feedback/resources) and you’ll manage all the created assets attached to the project through final delivery
- You’ll initiate and lead all project meetings, establish clear goals and next steps for team members, manage vendors day to day workflow on assigned projects, and create PO’s and monitor actual vs budgeted costs
- You’ll supports the product marketing development process from planning & budgets, to various briefings, feedback, legal checks and asset sign-off and delivery
The ideal candidate
- Product and/or Ops Experience: You’re a master of keeping a team on track and nothing makes you happier than efficiently driving quick execution through team management
- Empathy: You have an uncanny ability to turn high stress circumstances into manageable & actionable plans
- Leadership: You are a respected leader. You are excited to guide others to be brilliant at what they d
- Insanely Good Written and Verbal Communication: You are concise, thorough, and know how to facilitate decisions internally. You care about language and enjoy writing to express plans
- Domain Knowledge: You have strong opinions — well informed but loosely held — on product roadmap management, budget management and efficiencies
What to expect
This is a full-time role based in our Amsterdam HQ (Houthavens). You will be reporting directly to the Head of Marketing Operations and working closely with the whole Marketing team as also peers from other departments.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV and letter of motivation and/or any other relevant information to support your application to Polaroid’s Recruitment (email@example.com).
Applications must be accompanied by a personalised letter of motivation or they will not be considered.