AR Chargeback Analyst
New York City
Polaroid: the original home of analog instant photography. Over our 82-year journey we have been called everything: The Impossible Project, Polaroid Originals, and now Polaroid; the brand where it all began. We create beautiful tools to bring people together in human and meaningful ways. In a world that is more disconnected than ever, there has never been a better time to appreciate what is in front of you. From our refurbished vintage Polaroid cameras to our Phone to Polaroid™️ Lab, we create beautiful, life-enriching tools to ground you in the here and now. We exist to help you see everyday moments, to pause them, and to relive them in something you can hold in your hand and turn to forever. Join us.
Polaroid is looking for an AR Chargeback Analyst to join our US Finance Team. The AR Chargeback Analyst will be responsible for providing lead support for the receipt, analysis, resolution, and posting/reporting of wholesaler chargeback requests and resulting reconciliation documentation. This position ensures accurate and timely processing of chargeback data within all systems, consistent with agreement terms and corporate controls.
- Review routing guides and highlight compliance issues to corresponding Salesperson, Senior Accountant and Logistics Manager, create and maintain Routing Guide Master Sheet
- Act as a liaison between Finance, Ops and IT when setting up an EDI customer
- Build relationship with Customer Compliance Team
- Daily logins to customer portals to review if any new deductions have been generated
- Provide Accounts Receivable Associate proper coding for new chargebacks
- Research and validate if the deductions are disputable
- Gather, download and save all pertinent backup information in Sharedrive. Senior Accountant will review and enter W.O. Credit in Nav if necessary
- Maintain an up-to-date chargeback report (excel) to reflect the open chargeback amount in the ERP
- Provide daily updates on each open chargeback
- Research, gather information and dispute invalid chargebacks
- Find the root cause of re-occurring issues, and lead the correction process by working with other departments as needed
- Gather all valid chargebacks and submit for any potential courtesy refunds (working with sales to achieve this)
- Assist on the research and reconciliations of Chargebacks that are coded as Returns and Allowances
- Provide a detailed estimate of what chargebacks need to be accrued for at month end
- Assist with the monthly discount/allowance accrual reconciliation
Required Skills & Experience
- Prior experience in chargebacks, rebate processing and contract maintenance
- Expert knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Microsoft Navision), advanced excel ability (filtering, vlookups, pivot tables, etc), analytical skills, methodical approach and problem-solving skills
- Strong teamworking, communication and interpersonal skills
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of chargeback categories and customer portals. Will have well-developed analytical and decision-making skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and excellent documentation and organizational skills.
What to expect
This is a full-time job of 40 hours per week (M-F: 9am to 5pm), based in New York City, USA and is available as soon as possible. You will be reporting directly to the Senior Accountant.
If you would like to be considered for the role, please email your resume and any other relevant information to support your application to email@example.com.