Customer Service Direct Sales Agent
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
About us: Iconic brand, tiny company.
Polaroid was founded in 1937 by one of the most seminal innovators of the 20th century, Edwin Land. His motto was, “don't undertake a project unless it is manifestly important and nearly impossible.” In 2008, Polaroid shuttered its last factory, but a group of diehard fans came together as The Impossible Project to save instant film. Over 10 years later that start-up acquired what was left of Polaroid and today we’re again a small group of people passionate about empowering creators to change the world in the name of Polaroid.
What we are building: tools for creators.
Throughout its 80-year history, Polaroid was at its best when we made tools for people to express themselves, push boundaries and move culture forward. In the next decade, we are getting back to this purpose. We're not solving small problems, and we're not addressing a small market; our goal is to make products that will make the world more meaningful and human.
Our growing Customer Service team is looking for a skilled problem solver to join our team as a Customer Service Direct Sales Agent. We need an enthusiastic individual who can listen to customer service issues and then offer a unique and innovative solution to each problem. The successful candidate for this role will have a strong command of the company’s customer service policies and be well-trained in product knowledge that can be critical for offering quick and accurate assistance to customers.
Objectives of the role
- Answer incoming customer email/call/chat regarding shipping/billing issues, product problems, service questions and general client concerns
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of professionalism with customers and working to establish a positive rapport in every customer contact
- Update customer information in the customer service database during and after each call/email/chat
- Work with the management team to stay updated on product knowledge and be informed of any changes in company policies
- Impact the company’s bottom line by problem solving and turning frustrated clients into repeat customers
- Providing accurate and expedient troubleshooting on product related issues
- Clearly communicate with multiple departments to ensure customer satisfaction and timely case handling
The ideal candidate
- 2 Years minimum experience in customer service
- Previous experience in Photo and/or consumer electronics support a major plus
- Excellent English skills (spoken & written)
- Excellent organizational & multi-tasking skills
- Any additional languages are considered as advantageous (spoken & written): Dutch, German, French, Spanish or other
- Strong understanding of CRM/Ticketing systems, previous knowledge of Zendesk a major plus
- Prior experience with ecommerce systems such as Shopify a major plus
- Strong understanding of MS Office a major plus
What to expect
To support our Customer Service team, we are looking for an experienced customer service agent to work full time (40 h/week) based in Amsterdam.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV with any other relevant information to our recruitment team firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via LinkedIn.