In-House Creative Studio
Amsterdam, the Netherlands
In 2017, Polaroid launched Polaroid Originals: a brand dedicated exclusively to its original analog instant photography products. The response has been overwhelmingly positive, and it’s clear that people all over the world are delighted to see analog instant photography return to its rightful place at the heart of the Polaroid brand. Bringing analog instant photography back under the Polaroid umbrella was a significant milestone, but it was not the end of our journey. In March 2020, we take the next step and become one brand, with the one name: Polaroid.
Today’s Polaroid has analog instant photography at its core. It’s also much more representative of the brand that people all over the world came to know and love. By unifying our entire product portfolio under the Polaroid name, we are making it clear to consumers, retailers, and our partners that we are one, cohesive Polaroid and that we will be from this point onwards.
The success of Polaroid analog instant cameras and film is, and has always been, rooted in the way they help us capture, share, and cherish our most meaningful moments forever. As we look at 2020 and beyond, our company vision is to create products that bring people together in human and meaningful ways. We will do this through our product innovation, the way we do business, and the way we work each day.
It’s been an 82-year journey and we’re excited to be back where we belong.
The Art Director is involved in all aspects of how the brand expresses itself visually. This includes product design, sample imagery, packaging, identity development, social media, trade marketing, campaign conception/execution, e-commerce, email marketing, trade marketing and exhibitions. The AD should have a desire to create cutting-edge visual work, and engaged in and inspired by the cultural and artistic heritage of Polaroid.
Objectives of the role:
- Collaborate with the copywriter to create and develop campaign concepts in response to strategic creative briefings.
- Bring concepts to life through complex media strategies with clear storytelling.
- Conceptualize, support and guide content creation (photoshoot/video/installation etc) for campaigns, working with in-house and/or external parties.
- Direct designers to format and supply campaign materials to relevant departments (comms team, social channels, e-commerce, trade marketing, etc)
- Developing concepts and executions for product briefs.
- Design thinking and consideration taking into account production processes, materials, existing procedures, in order to minimize costs and production issues and sustainability.
- Handover to production (design adjustments, file preparation for delivery, sign-off on feedback proofs)
- Experiential / Retail / Collateral / Product Design / Packaging
- Creation of toolkits for 3rd party implementation
- Design assets for Customer Support / Wholesale Teams
- Leadership capabilities and can mentor junior designers.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Ability to turn high stress circumstances into manageable and actionable plans.
- Knowledge of print production, digital design flows & builds, broadcast production and post production.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships.
- Strong project process and time management skills.
- Adaptable to new working processes and culture.
The ideal candidate
- Passion for Storytelling
- Entrepreneur spirit
- Detail Oriented
- Problem Solver
- Culture Steward
What to expect
This is a full-time role based in our Amsterdam HQ. You will be reporting directly to the Creative Director and working closely across the marketing and product teams.
If you’d like to be considered for the role, please email your CV, motivation and/or any other relevant information to support your application to email@example.com.